Illinois Vaccine Awareness Coalition (IVAC)
P.O. Box 946, Oak Park, IL 60303
6 August 2015
Nirav Shah, M.D., JD, Director
Illinois Department of Public Health
C/o William Bryant, Acting FOIA Officer
Dear Dr. Shah:
Under FOIA, please answer:
- 1) When will the vaccination Certificate of Exemption be available?
- 2) If the certificate is delayed, can parents/guardians use their previous vaccination objection statement?
- 3) Who is the local school authority stated in PA 099-0249?
- 4) What criteria does IDPH provide to the school authority determining the validity of parents’/guardians’ personal religious belief objection?
- 5) Is a child, with a valid objection, in compliance for state funding?
For our children’s sake,
Barbara A. Mullarkey, president
cc: Eric M. Madiar, Chief legal Counsel & Parliamentarian, Office of the Senate President