22 May 2015
Dear Gov. Rauner:
Illinois Vaccine Awareness Coalition (IVAC) members ask you to veto SB/HB1410 and SB/HB0986 for the following reasons:
1) No identification of local school authority
2) No available Illinois Department of Public Health objection form and definition of “detailing grounds”
3) No answer to question:: Is child in compliance for school-state funding if child has a personal religious belief objection?
4) No answer to: Why are you changing the 1995 legal opinion of Illinois Director cf Public Health, John Lumpkin, M.D.?
5) No answer, from Sen. Mulroe , to IVAC letters of 4/2/15 & 4/20/15
1) No exemption for personal religious beliefs
2)No timeline for 2 doses of MMR No information on tetanus-diphtheria–acellular pertussis (TdaP) in manufacturer’s package insert re possible harm to a pregnant woman or TdaP’s effect on reproduction capacity
3) No information on tetanus-diphtheria–acellular pertussis (TdaP) in manufacturer’s package insert regarding possible harm to a pregnant woman or TdaP’s effect on reproduction capacity
4) no mention of adverse reactions, i..e., autism (“Adverse events reported during post-approval…”*
5) no evaluation “for its carcinogenic or mutagenic potentials or impairment of fertility.”*
6) the vial stopper “contains dry natural rubber that may cause allergic reactions in latex sensitive individuals.”*
7) no response from Sen. Radagno after 2 phone calls to her legislative assistant.
*quotes are from TdaP’s vaccine package inserts
For our children’s sake,
Barbara A. Mullarkey, president